Friday, March 11, 2011

Learning to Cook

Those of you who have followed me for a while remember that I love to cook and have a hard time remembering to invite my kids to join me so I can teach them. Since I've taught Christiana (my 15 yo) to cook and she can manage the kitchen well by herself, I have not put as much time into feeling like I need to teach Kaitlyn. Fortunately, Kaitlyn is earning her cooking badge for AHG (American Heritage Girls) which forces me to teach her. This particular day she learned to make Enchilada Casserole all by herself.

Browning the meat

Mixing the corn and sauces

Casserole all put together

Carefully putting it in the oven

Everyone really enjoyed it.
Katilyn did a GREAT job :)

Now that she has gotten the chance to cook supper she loves cooking and asks me everyday if she can help. It helps me remember to bring her in and teach her. It's been a lot of fun and I have really enjoyed the time I've gotten to spend with her. It's a good thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment