Thursday, March 3, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do

Joshua is our "Little Monkey." He's so cute and busy and always into something. If you don't keep a close watch on him he can destroy a house in a matter of minutes :) This is why he reminds me of Curious George. He is curious about everything around him and copies everything he sees.

Since I taught him to brush his teeth, he copies the way I brush my teeth. Even the part where I pull my hair back so it doesn't get in my face when I lean down at the sink. I couldn't figure out for the longest time why he would grab the top of his head and hold his hair when he brushed his teeth and then it occurred to me that he was holding his hair because I was holding mine.

It amazes me how much a child copies those around them. All the more reason for us to be careful what we do. I think God designed it that way so that we make sure we are behaving at all times :)


The picture above shows Joshua holding his hair the same way he does when he leans over into the sink when he's brushing his teeth. Of course he's holding the top of his head because he doesn't have enough hair in the back to hold it back. It was the only place that he had enough hair to grab.

He's also giving me one of his "monkey lips" kisses. When he first started puckering up to kiss us he looked like a little monkey with his lips puckered out so far. So now we ask him for a kiss by asking for his "monkey lips." And of course I'm giving him a monkey kiss back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment