Thursday, July 14, 2011

For Real Thursdays - Diligence

I found it interesting that another blog I keep up with spoke on diligence today because that is exactly what I was planning on blogging about today. It must be something others are dealing with besides me. However, I'm looking more at my own diligence instead of my children's. I like what this blogger said, "If you want your children to be more diligent, pray to be more diligent."

I look around my house and I am overwhelmed with where to start in reorganizing my home. I know that if I had stayed more diligent with my children doing their tasks well, then we probably wouldn't be at this place. I understand that some spring cleaning and rearranging are necessary from time to time, but if we had stayed on top of our daily tasks this job wouldn't be so big. Too many times I assume the kids have completed their chores and completed them well, so I don't check up on them. Most of the time, I am busy taking care of another smaller child or working on another task to check up on their completed task. Now I see where my lack of diligence in following up has led to a lack of diligence in my children.

So where do I go from here? I start today in being more diligent. I pray that God will help me to be more diligent and I work on positively reinforcing diligence in my children as well. After all, every day is a new day and why not start the day off right? If I find that I begin to slack off, then I'll just start over again the next day. Not going to beat myself up over this one, just going to do better.

How about you? Have you found that your children's lack of diligence starts with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment