Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday's Tip - Take Pictures


We take pictures of loved ones at holidays and visits, but I don't usually remember to take pictures of the places we visit. For instance, my Grandma's house. I lived there for seven years and then across the street until I moved on to college and then married. I never really thought about taking pictures of her house or the yard or landscape. Now that my Grandmother will never be able to return home and the thought of what will happen to the house once she's gone makes me stop and think, "Do I have any pictures of Grandma's house?" The landscaping has changed quite a bit since I was a kid and I have no pictures of it then, only memories. So this last visit we took to Grandma's I made sure I took a picture of her house and some of the landscape; the swing set and the maple tree that all the grandkids like to climb.

I'm not exactly sure what will happen to Grandma's house, but at least I have pictures of it now. My tip for today would be to remember to take pictures of your loved one's (and even your own) homes and homesteads so you will always have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment