Monday, June 13, 2011

Fruit Smothies

Now that it's hot outside, my kids love those popsicles that come as liquid in plastic tubes. I don't mind getting those every once in a while but it's not something I like to do all the time because of all the sugar that is in them.

What I do like to make for my kids that are cold and refreshing are fruit smoothies. They are so simple and my kids love them and every time they hear the blender they come running.

All I use is a banana (sometimes I omit), some orange juice, pineapple and some of it's juice (you can use canned if you don't have fresh), frozen fruit of choice and ice. Blend together and adjust to your liking. Healthy, cold, and refreshing. And if you have those popsicle molds you could freeze these for a delicious frozen treat for later (ours never make it to the freezer). Enjoy!

Joshua really enjoys his smoothies.

Matthew does too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment