Monday, May 3, 2010

Day at the Zoo

Jim and the boys watching the rhinos

A snake we found on the path (not part of an exhibit)

Our kids feeding the camels

Jim showing the kids bamboo

Friday we went to visit the Knoxville Zoo for the first time since we moved here. It was so much fun. Jim had the day off from work so we all went together. I love the zoo and our kids love it as well. I am a little partial to the NC Zoo since I grew up near the zoo and even worked there one summer, but I just love zoos in general. We went ahead and got an annual pass so we will be able to go anytime we just feel like getting out of the house and doing something. The great thing about the pass is that when I go visit my family in NC we can visit the zoo there because our membership covers admission there as well.

We had a great time here at the Knoxville Zoo. The weather was perfect, there's plenty of shade, a great kids play area, petting zoo and more. Now that we've gone and the kids know we have a pass they are already begging me to take them back as soon as possible. I love that they enjoy going because they are learning and don't even realize it. I see future picnics there as well, since you can take food in to this park. I can't wait myself. I get as excited as the kids about going. We are looking forward to many more days at the zoo this year.

What are some places that you enjoy going and taking your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment