Monday, May 24, 2010

Push ups, and Flower Boxes - Not Me Monday

As most of you know my family and I were in NC this past week due to the death of my brother-in-law. While at the visitation my three year old son, Matthew, saw a four year old girl speaking to his one year old cousin and quickly informed the little girl that she shouldn't be talking to his cousin. A few moments later we, my sister and I, looked over to see Matthew talking sweetly to the little girl, we figured he must have wanted her attention to himself. A moment later I did NOT look again to see Matthew doing push ups for the little girl in the middle of the floor of the family visitation room. He did NOT draw the attention of most people in the room. My children know how to behave in public places and would NEVER think of doing push ups in public, let alone at a funeral home.

A couple of days later we were staying at my Dad's house. My Dad loves to garden and enjoys planting flower beds. So my Dad and I did NOT look out on the porch and see my wonderful children digging tunnels through his flower box on the front porch. My children did NOT look like deer caught in headlights when we found them. And we did NOT all enjoy a good laugh after my Dad jokingly got onto them and then admitted that that box was empty and no seeds were planted there.

We did enjoy our visit home with family even though the circumstances for our visit were regrettable. We are now glad to be home and ready to get back on track so we can finish out this school year. I would like to thank everyone for your prayers and condolences during this time for my sister and her family. She is doing well and I ask that when she comes to mind that you will continue to lift her up in prayer. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment