Thursday, May 6, 2010




I took the kids to the Lenoir City Museum Tuesday as a field trip to help prepare them for todays field trip to Fort Sanders. I found out that before the army headed over to Fort Sanders they had spent some time in Lenoir City and thought it was interesting enough to check it out. The older kids seemed more interested than the younger ones but as you can see from the pic above of Matthew with his book he did find something interesting.

I love taking the kids out to real places that history happened. It just brings it all to life for them. Which is one of the reasons I love homeschooling so much, we can take as many field trips as we want.

So we are excited about Fort Sanders today and I think I'm just as excited as the kids, if not more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment