Friday, October 22, 2010

Cold Season

Short blog today because I am working on killing this cold germ that has entered my house. The first thing I do is pray. Then I try to do what I can to help my kids bodies function like God made them. So, this morning I fed the kids plenty of fresh fruit instead of giving them juice, which contains sugar. A few weeks back I found a home remedy that is suppose to knock out a cold in a day or two, so I'm trying that out, I will let you know if it works. I made homemade chicken noodle soup with tons of onions and veggies for lunch and tonight instead of our usual Friday Family Night dessert, I will be making all natural granola with maple syrup as our treat.

In case you didn't know sugar weakens your immune system, so we try to stay away from it. We drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest so our bodies can do what comes naturally to fight off this sickness. I'm also considering trying a recipe I've never tried before with elderberries, they are great for colds too.

So, I'm off to finish doing what needs to be done (making sure hand towels are being changed out daily and assigning Micah his monthly chore of wiping down light fixtures and door knobs with vinegar spray).

May you all have a great weekend. Blessings to you and may your homes be healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment