Friday, October 1, 2010

I Love the Fall

Fall is my favorite time of the year. There's not much about it I don't like. I love the breeze, apple cider and roasted pumpkin seeds, the changing of the colors, the leaves that fall, raking and jumping in piles of leaves, the kids playing outside, the smell of leaves burning, the smell of chimney smoke, fall decorations and Thanksgiving. I even love wearing turtle necks and flannels with jeans.

I've heard that some people get depressed during the fall because everything is dying. I don't see it that way at all. I think that as a Christian, fall represents death perfectly. I think that God demonstrates it through this season as it should be. We all know that death is just a part of life, but if you are a Christian it is a beautiful thing. When we have lived out our seasons in life and it is time to die, then just as beautiful as the leaves changing colors so is our passing into eternity with our Father who awaits our arrival.

I hope and pray that when I am old and grey, my passing will be as beautiful as my favorite time of the year. I pray that as I and others look back on my life it will be beautiful and lived without lots of regret and sorrow. That my children and family, although saddened will rejoice with me.

How about you? Do you know Christ as your personal Saviour and will your death be as beautiful and colorful as fall? I encourage you today that if you don't know Jesus as your Saviour then get to know Him today. You don't have to be perfect and have everything in your life perfect before asking Him into your heart, He will help you fix what's messed up. It's really easy. Just accept that you are a sinner, believe that Jesus was born of a virgin and died for your sins and rose again and has prepared a place for you called heaven, and then confess your sins to Him. That's it. Then live your life everyday to its fullest. Read the Word (if you never have then starting in the New Testament in the book of John is perfect) then live by it. I promise you, it's not boring, it's wonderful and you will be much happier then living any other way. Blessings to you and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment