Thursday, September 30, 2010

Good Parenting Books

Sorry I didn't get a blog out yesterday. Every time I sat down to write I was interrupted or had other things demanding my time, so it just never happened.

Today I wanted to ask you what are some of your favorite parenting books. I love good Christian based parenting books. I'm always looking for a good read as soon as I finish my previous one. I've read How to Be a Hero to Your Kids, Bringing Up Boys, Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit, Keeping our Children's Hearts, The Duggars: 20 and Counting, Creative Correction and I'm presently reading Dare to Discipline. There are more that I've read I'm sure but these are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I've recently heard of a book called Scream Free Parenting that I plan on reading next.

I love the insight I get from these books and it's not that I try to be perfect, it's just that I realize there's always room for improvement. I look for encouragement from people who have been in my shoes and done well, like the Duggar's

Of course, the number one instruction book is the Bible and I try to make sure that everything I read lines up first with scripture. If it doesn't line up with the Bible, I usually don't read it.

So, what are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment