Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday's Tip - Homemade Drano

Get tired of clogs in your drain? Did you know there is a cheap homemade way to help clear them? Clogged drains drive me crazy, but so the high prices of drain cleaners. So I've found a cheap homemade way to clear them. Now, I always clear all the debris that I can get to before using this but here is what you do. Take baking soda and pour some down the drain, then add vinegar. You will begin to see it bubble up. Reapply the vinegar as often as you feel you need to clear the baking soda, and there you have it. Now it may not work on your toughest clogs like the commercial brands, but I've always found it to be helpful on your everyday clogs. Plus, it never hurts to try and see how well it works for you. Between baking soda with vinegar and a good plunger I can clear most drains with no problem and I've saved myself $. Now who doesn't like that?

Now that I think about it, I think I need to work on our shower upstairs. Guess I need to go get to it. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment