Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Birthing Center

I have mentioned in the past how much I love having a midwife and delivering at home. Well, due to financial and insurance reasons I will not be able to deliver at home this time, but the next best thing is delivering at a free standing birthing center. I have found such a place and have my first appointment today. I am excited to be able to deliver here instead of in a hospital where I still have midwives and options such as water birth available. I can have as many people in the room when I birth as I desire, so all our children can be there, and I can eat and drink and walk and have no IV's attached.

I have delivered in a birthing center once before. Our fourth child was born in one in NC. It was a wonderful experience and opened my eyes to the wonderful world of midwives. I feel privileged that I have births with no complications and have the opportunity to deliver with midwives in environments such as birthing centers and at home.

So, as long as there are no complications with this pregnancy and no twins, I will be delivering at a birthing center this time around. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment