Monday, November 8, 2010

Learning and Helping

Since my husband is a subcontractor, there are days when he takes our oldest son to work with him to help out. Since going to work with his Dad, Josiah has learned quite a bit about the world of security. He can pull wire; run wire; install keypads, contacts, smoke detectors, transformers and sirens. Because of all this experience he has become quite a help around the house whenever we need something fixed. For instance, we have a rabbit that every once in a while we let roam freely around the house. Well, he has a habit of chewing wire (a reason why he doesn't get out unattended anymore). Because of this habit it has been a great help to have Josiah cut, splice and bean wire back together so our electronics aren't ruined or we are not spending tons of money on new wire.

I think it is awesome that Josiah is learning a trade and getting experience in the work world. I think it helps him to better understand the work his Dad does for us every day to provide for us. It also helps Josiah decide if this field is something he may be interested in one day or if he would prefer to do something all together different.

I'm thankful that he has this opportunity and really thankful that it is beneficial to us here at home when his Dad is not around.

Josiah splicing and beaning a chewed wire.
Thanks, J-Boo!

2 comments:

  1. It's so cool to find you guys on here! Shirley Ripley told me about your blog, so I just had to check it out! I have one too (a couple actually), so we can keep up with each others families! I know we don't know each other very well, but now we can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. I have often thought of requesting you to be my friend on FB but wasn't sure if you would remember me well enough. Glad to have to on here. Look forward to checking out your blog and getting to know you better. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete