Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday's Tip - Saving Holiday Recipes

One thing I started doing years ago was keeping all my holiday recipes in a separate recipe box with a list of each holiday and what we serve on that holiday. We like traditions in our house and part of those holiday traditions are the foods we make.

What I've done is to take a recipe box and in the very front I have separate sheets of paper for each holiday with the foods we prepare. For instance, I have one for New Year's Eve, Valentines Day, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Goodies, and Christmas Day. Then in the same box I keep all the recipes for the special things we make for each of these holidays. So if the kids need to find a certain recipe for a certain occasion they know exactly where to find it. And (I know this sounds a little morbid) if anything ever happened to me, they would have all our traditional menus and recipes easily accessible.

This helps with the grocery list for each holiday too. I just go through my list then pick out all my recipe cards and then can easily put together a shopping list. It also helps me to remember what we did from one year to the next and to keep up with what everyone liked and didn't like. I even have a list of what we get for the kids stockings each year, I'm always afraid I will forget something, so this helps me remember.

Not only does this box contain holiday favorites, but everyday favorites as well. If we come across a recipe that everyone loves, we add it to the box as a favorite.

So there's my tip for today. Hope it's helpful to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment