Thursday, May 19, 2011

For Real Thursday's - Marriage Tune-Ups


Every marriage is a work in progress. Every married person at some point or other has thought "Ok, I give up. I'm done." Keeping your marriage in check is one of the things that will help you stick in there when the going gets tough. Maintaining your marriage is just as important (actually more important) as maintaining your vehicle. If you want it to run smoothly you need to get a tune up every now and then. Marriage is too disposable these days. It's much easier to give up than to stay in there and fight. But to be a champion you have to stick with it and not give up. Besides those who give up without a fight miss the joys of the victory.

Tonight, my husband and I are going to a marriage class that's being taught by some friends of ours. I am really looking forward to taking this class and I believe it will be lots of fun. Our marriage has had it's share of bumps and bruises along the way, but I'm glad to admit that we stuck in there and pulled through.

Marriage gets sweeter and sweeter as you go. So make it a priority to have tune-ups along the way. It really is fun and well worth it.

What kind of things do you do to "tune-up" your marriage?

No comments:

Post a Comment