Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday's Tip - Soft Butter

This is something I learned from a friend when I lived in Vermont.

Do you like butter but hate how it doesn't spread very easily on nice warm bread. You don't want to use margarine because of the hydrogenated oil but like that it's spreadable. Well here's how you fix this problem.

Buy one of those cheap butter dishes at Walmart for about a dollar, I think you may be able to find them at the Dollar Tree also. Instead of using it like a traditional butter dish with the flat part on the bottom and the cover on top turn it upside down so now the flat part works as a lid. Place butter in dish and leave on counter, do not refrigerate. Now you have soft butter. As long as you use butter regularly you shouldn't have any issues with leaving it out.

I do this all the time with our butter and love having it ready to spread whenever I need it.

Butter dish with lid off

Butter dish with lid on

No comments:

Post a Comment