Friday, April 1, 2011

Cake or...?

When your kids are little you always make them cake for their birthdays. I've found that now my kids are getting older they request other things. For instance in the past I've made ice cream cakes, cheesecakes, and now these.

Josiah's request this year

Cherry Almond Mousse Pie

Very yummy!
Tastes like a chocolate covered cherry.

Had to make two so there would be enough
for everyone and have leftovers for later.

We always had cake when I was growing up. So of course, being a traditional kind of person, I assumed that's the way it would be for my kids. However, that is not the case.

I have to admit that I like the variety. It's good to think outside the box.

How about you? Is it always cake or do you change it up?

3 comments:

  1. I have to say that I have honestly never thought about having anything other than cake on birthdays but your post makes me stop and think why that is. I'll have to throw it out to my crew as their birthdays come up and see what they think. Thanks for making me think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious, can you post the recipe?
    I wanted to tell you about arrowcollectors.com
    it's a great site, check it out if you can!

    ReplyDelete