Thursday, April 7, 2011

Coming Soon - For Real Thursdays

So I've been thinking lately and feel lead to start a "For Real Thursdays" post on (of course) Thursdays. My husband says I only post the good stuff and sometimes give the impression that our family is perfect (when in fact we are not). In these posts, I will share with you the not so picture perfect truths of the trials and difficulties we face in our family and how God leads us to deal with them.

I think that too many times we all manage to put on pretty faces and leave impressions that we have it all together when in fact we don't. Tommy Nelson said in his Song of Solomon teaching that if we could all be real at church about our marriages and work together to minister, support and encourage each other, we could have revival going on in our churches.

I think it's important to be real and show others that we are not perfect, nor do we have perfect families. We just take one day at a time and with God's grace teach our children to the best of our God given ability. I think it's important to lift each other up and encourage each other and share with others how we deal with conflict in our homes. How can we do this if we're not honest about what God has taught us and shown us through trial and error in our own homes?

So, I'm dedicating Thursdays to being real with the ups and downs we go through in our home. May you be encouraged in your families to seek God in all things as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading for real stories of others. Makes me feel like I'm not quite so crazy with the things that happen in our own family. :)

    ReplyDelete