Friday, April 15, 2011

Dogwood Trees

Dogwood trees are my favorite flowering tree. I've loved them ever since I was a child growing up in NC. We had one that grew behind my grandmother's house and I always knew spring had arrived when it bloomed. When we lived in Vermont for 5 years I missed the dogwoods so much. I'm so glad to be back down south where the dogwoods are again.

My kids know that dogwoods are my favorite and they recently found a dogwood tree up by our garden area. So now I keep getting sweet gifts of dogwood flowers. They're brought to me from sweet kids with big smiles.

I display them in a pottery dish on our dining room table. Hope you enjoy them too.



2 comments:

  1. How fun! My youngest daughter loves to pick whatever flowers she can growing along the edge of our property. She proudly brings them to me with a huge smile and she always requests that they get displayed in something pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little things like this that make being a Mom so special. I think of them as little love notes from my little kids that can't write yet.
    I like to display them in nice containers as well. It makes the giver feel that their gift was extra special.
    Thanks for the comment. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete