Thursday, August 25, 2011

For Real Thursdays - Modern Technology, Worth It?

Sometimes I wonder if we're really better off with all this technology. I mean, really, did we stress so much before as we do now? The computer doesn't load pages fast enough, our phones don't have range when we need it most, shut downs happen at the most inopportune times.

The reason I mention this is because yesterday when I went to sync my phone with my computer in order to load a picture that I wanted for my Wordless Wednesday post, my phone decided for no apparent reason to go into recovery mode. Now we could have easily restored my phone but I didn't want to lose all the information (like calendar reminders, contacts and said photo) and have to restore back to before all my new information was added. My precious husband worked for over two hours trying to recover my phone without having to restore it, all the while our computers were not loading pages and freezing up on us throughout the whole process making a stressful situation even more stressful. He finally ended up having to restore my phone because nothing we tried worked. Fortunately, (I believe because I was praying very hard) all my contacts, calendar info and said photo were still there. But really, it made me wonder how much easier things were before all these modern "conveniences" came about. Don't get me wrong, I love my phone and computer, I just wish they always worked when you needed them.

How about you? What do you think? Were things easier and less stressful before it all or do you think it's all worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment