Thursday, February 25, 2010

And the Winner is...


I've shared how I've set up a competition in the morning between siblings and their buddies to accomplish morning tasks on time. So, I thought I would share with you how this week went. Monday, Kaitlyn and Micah won. Tuesday, Christiana and Matthew won. Wednesday, Josiah and Jonathan won. Thursday, (our last day to compete because I need to get said dessert and because Friday is usually sleep in day) tie between Kaitlyn and Micah, and Josiah and Jonathan. Since two teams won they had to agree on a dessert together. And their choice is...cookies and cream ice cream. It's amazing how something as simple as ice cream can bring about such a change in my home and our schedule (and my sanity).

The cool thing that I realized while explaining how this competition works to a losing team one day is that in the end, everyone still wins. The winners aren't the only ones who get to enjoy the dessert. Everyone gets to have some because everyone worked really hard and accomplished their tasks. The winning team (or teams as this week played out) just gets to choose what the treat is (losing team was ok with losing after this realization, however, they still like winning).

So, we'll see how next week plays out. My oldest daughter (14) has already informed the other two teams to watch out because she and her buddy plan on taking the gold next week. I'll keep you posted :)

1 comment:

  1. I think cookies and cream ice cream is a wonderful prize! What a great way to get the chores done and fun for the kids! Hope you enjoy the weekend with Mike and Steph! Love you.

    ReplyDelete