Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Grocery Shopping

So I've shopped at Kroger the past two weeks and each time after my coupons have gone through and my Kroger card has been swiped my total has been reduced by about $20. Last week I was so excited to get two bags of shredded cheese free with coupons. I'm finding that Kroger store brands only average 1 penny more than the Walmart brand and with double coupons at Kroger I get better deals with coupons than I would with coupons at Walmart. I have a couple of blogs I go to and get all the latest sales each week and also go to the Kroger site and check out their weekly ad.

I prepare my menu for the week before I go shopping so I'm buying what I need and not spending more on what I don't need. My goal is to reduce my budget amount for food by getting as much or more food for less by shopping for sales.

I will keep you updated on how things go and as I see how well they work send you the links to the blogs I visit that gather all the information for me so I don't have to. For now it takes me quite a while to prepare to shop. I'm hoping that as I get use to this and can figure the best sites to go to and dwindle my process down it won't take so much of my time. Right now as I'm learning I don't mind taking more time. I know in the end it will be worth it.

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment