Monday, February 1, 2010

Communication is the key



My mother-in-law, Melanie, came to visit this weekend and I'm glad to say that it was a good visit. I can't say that I have always felt this way about her. One thing I have learned is that communication is the key. I can truly say, now, that I love Melanie and enjoyed spending time with her this weekend. My advice to those of you who struggle with your mother-in-law, PRAY. Let God show you what you need to do and then communicate. Allow God to begin and work in both of you and to prepare each of you for what needs to be said or done to reconcile your differences. I am thankful for Melanie and for her willingness to talk and understand. I am blessed to have her. My prayer for those of you who struggle with your relationship with yours is reconciliation. It really can be sweet, but remember it is God who works on the heart. You can't change a person, that's God's job, and maybe you're the one who needs to do some changing (ouch, I know that one hurt). I pray that none of you are having struggles in your relationship, but if you do start today and decide to give it to God, then just take one day at a time and let Him work. You'll be glad you did, I know I am.

1 comment:

  1. It was an awesome visit! I enjoyed sharing our hearts and thoughts together. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete