Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chores

Josiah doing dishes
Matthew clearing the table
Kaitlyn sweeping the kitchen
Micah vacuuming living room

Just thought I would post some pictures of my children doing their chores. As I have mentioned before, each of my children have daily chores that they are expected to do everyday so the house doesn't get out of control. With everyone doing their part, the house is more organized and there is more peace and unity. Everyone just seems to be in a better mood when things are clean. There is no way I could keep up a house with nine people living in it all by myself, so I teach my children that they have a responsibility to help as well. It keeps things in order at home as well as teaches my children how to do it for themselves one day.

I know this verse usually refers to teaching a child about walking with Jesus, but I also think it pertains to everything we teach them.

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment