Monday, February 8, 2010

"Preserved Through Motherhood" Part 1


This week I will be quoting an article from the latest "Above Rubies" magazine (issue 77). It is entitled Preserved Through Motherhood and written by Nancy Campbell, creator of Above Rubies. It is so good that I want to share it with as many people as possible. I hope you are as blessed and encouraged in your womanhood and motherhood as I am by this article.

Preserved Through Motherhood

"I'm not going to have any more than two children. I don't want my figure ruined." "I've got my career. I've got more important things to do than stay home with children." "I don't want to nurse my baby; I don't want to get sagging breasts." The comments keep coming-women trying to preserve themselves from childbirth or any extra sacrifice to their womanhood.
But, in actuality, does this work? I am always challenged by the words of Jesus in Mark 8:35, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it." It is an eternal law, that when we try to save our life we end up losing it.
And what about this lovely promise in 1Timothy 2:15, NAS. "Women shall be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self restraint." Every woman wants to be preserved. She wants her body to be preserved in good health, her figure to be in shape, and she wants to be preserved mentally and spiritually.
This world system feeds us lies. It pours out the reasons why women should not have too many babies. But God's Word says we will be preserved through embracing motherhood and the bearing of children! A woman's body was created for this task and her womanly functions atrophy when they are no longer used. The word "preserved" in 1 Timothy 2:15 is the Greek word, sozo. It means to be "protected, delivered, restored, saved and preserved." I certainly want to be preserved in my womanliness, don't you? Let's discover some of the ways we are preserved.

Continued Tomorrow. How we are preserved Physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment