Friday, January 29, 2010

Rejoice and be glad

So I'm sitting at home today waiting for this big snow we are suppose to be getting. My mother-in-law arrived a day early (which explains why I didn't blog yesterday, I had to get ready) in order to beat the storm. So we are just sitting and waiting now hoping that it does snow, since she's from Florida and hasn't seen snow in years. As we sit and talk I'm reminded how quickly life moves and how we should make the most of every day. My mother-in-law, Melanie, works in home health and we've discussed how precious life is. It reminds me to enjoy each day. We were talking about quality time and I shared how that is part of the reason we don't watch TV much in our house. I don't want to sit and waste time while life passes me by.

We have a tendency so many times to want rain then complain when we get too much. To want snow then complain when it inconveniences us. To want sun then complain when it's too hot. To want a day or week to pass by quickly then complain later when life seems to fly by and our children grow up too fast. We (including me) need to enjoy each day whatever it may bring. Life does fly by too quickly and I don't want to spend mine complaining. So, if my children are fussing, the house is not picked up, the dishes are overflowing, it's raining and I can't send the kids outside or whatever, I will count it all joy. Because...

"This is the day which the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment