Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ready for Summer

So either I'm on summer mode already or I'm just really tired all the time from my pregnancy. Either way, I find myself sleeping later each day. During the summer I let the children sleep until 8 am (sometimes 9 am if we were up late the night before, Yikes!). During school they are up by 7 or 7:30 am. But this last week or so I have been letting them sleep until 8 almost everyday.

We aren't quiet out of school yet. You see I'm a stickler for finishing curriculum. Most of my kids subjects are done but there are some that still have a few lessons to finish in just math. I expect them to finish their books. So that means no summer break for me yet as well. I'm ready to start going to the zoo, having picnics, going swimming, going camping, going on nature walks and all the other activities that come with summer. But I guess that will have to wait a couple more weeks.

In the meantime, I'm resting so that I can have the energy to do all these fun summer things I have planned and looking forward to a schedule that is more flexible.

How about you? Do you have special things you try to do each summer? Or maybe you have something special planned for this summer that's different from summer's past. What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment