Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tuesday's Tip - Start Early

My tip for this week is pretty much common sense, yet it is something that I have yet to accomplish. You see, I make my family Christmas stockings. I have made all my sister's families, my Mom and her family, my Dad and his wife and all of my children. Over the years I have made about 30 of these stockings and each is an original in which no two patterns are exactly the same.

Every year it seems that I am rushing to beat the clock to get the new ones done before Christmas. Every year I have succeeded, until this year. I needed to make two stockings this year, one for my niece and one for my son. I got my niece's done on time and mailed it off only to find out that it didn't arrive until after Christmas and Joshua's didn't get finished on time and he had to use a different stocking.

I always tell myself that I need to start earlier and yet never seem to. So this year I have learned my lesson. After being so disappointed at not getting the stockings done and delivered on time, I want to make sure that doesn't happen again. This next Christmas I need to finish Joshua's and start on our new guys. So my tip this week is, START EARLY. Don't be like me and wait too long.

In the meantime, and for those of you who requested it, here are some pictures of our family's stockings.

All the stocking stuffed and on the couch.

Close-ups


No comments:

Post a Comment