Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday's Tip


I have to admit that today's tip is not my original idea. I got it from Raising Olives a while back,but it has been helpful enough that I wanted to share it with you.

With the price of milk these days it's hard to keep enough in the fridge to drink as well as to use in recipes. A cheaper way to keep milk on hand is to buy the dry milk. Now before you decide not to read anymore, I'm not suggesting you drink the dry milk (Yuck, I can't do that). Instead, use it in your recipes that call for milk. You won't be able to tell any difference in a recipe. I like to make up about 2 quarts and just keep it in the fridge for use in a recipe so I'm not having to measure and mix each time I need milk. It's cheaper than using your drinking milk and you can save your expensive gallon of milk for the pure joy of drinking or adding to your cereal. Hope this helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment