Friday, July 30, 2010

Creative Play

So what do kids do that don't watch TV? Well, they use their imagination and come up with creative things to do instead. These are a few pictures of what my 10 year old, Kaitlyn, did the other day. It is amazing at what they will find to do when you turn the TV off. We do not watch TV during the week and only limited TV on the weekends, which is getting ready to be more limited.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging anyone. My kids use to watch quite a bit of TV. From the time they woke up to the time they went to bed , it was on and off through out the day. I finally decided enough was enough. They have learned to find things to do that are a lot more constructive than watching TV.

So I give you this challenge. If your kids watch a lot of TV, try turning it off and see what they find to do. It may take some coaching from you for a little while because they will not be use to thinking of things to do due to the fact that they have been fed information from the TV instead of coming up with their own ideas. Be patient, it will be worth the wait :)



No comments:

Post a Comment