Monday, July 19, 2010

Zucchini Bread in the Oven - Not Me Monday

Not Me Monday

Josiah, my oldest son, has taken over the job of baking zucchini bread when our family wants some. He loves to bake and has become quite efficient at it, enough that I trust him without supervision. Since he has made zucchini bread many times before, I had no hesitation in asking him to make some so we could have it for breakfast the next day.

I did NOT decide to let him make the zucchini bread while I went to take a nap. I was NOT awaken from my nap to smell something burning and the kids getting me to show me the oven in the picture below.Fortunately, everything turned out alright. I was able to clean it up easily and save the bread.

As an added note, Josiah is a very good cook and I trust him when he needs to cook. He still needs some instruction from time to time, but overall I am very proud of him and his talent.

For more "Not Me Monday - Being brutally honest and living to tell about it!" visit www.mycharmingkids.net

No comments:

Post a Comment