Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Discovering is Fun



I've started taking our kids to the Home Depot Kids Workshop that takes place the first Saturday of each month. This month they made Butterfly Houses. When we got home the kids wanted to decorate them, so finally after having them a few days we got out all the supplies and let them go at it. They had a blast. They also did a little research on what would help draw butterflies to their houses and are now anxiously awaiting the butterflies.

I love homeschooling and getting to watch my children learn and explore things around them. I guess I'm kind of like a new parent that wants to see my children's first step or hear their first word. I like being there as they learn and discover everything for the first time. I never grow tired of watching their world open up to them as they discover something they didn't know before.

I'm so thankful that I'm able to homeschool. But even if you don't, take any and every opportunity you have to spend time doing things with your children. Go to a park and watch birds and butterflies, a pond and look at tadpoles, a museum where they can touch things, etc. Watch their eyes light up at seeing things firsthand. It's always fun to discover and watching your kids discover is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment