Friday, April 23, 2010

Starting Young


The other day I blogged about the Bible being Matthew's favorite book and about how we should encourage our children to love and use the Word. I just thought that I would post about the fact that we really do let our children start early. Joshua also loves getting hold of a Bible and flipping through the pages. If I were to take it from him and tell him that he is not allowed to mess with it, then I am giving him the impression that the Bible is something he is not suppose to touch. However, if we give him a little New Testament that is just his size that he can hold and look through while we look at ours, then he thinks he is a big boy and it encourages his love for the book. Now some of you may think this is trivial but trust me, it makes a difference. So, if you have small children go get a cheap New Testament that they can carry around as their own and let them turn the pages and such. Let them love that little book and when they are older and ready then you can get them something more age appropriate.

In the meantime, be blessed and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment