Monday, April 12, 2010

What a Blessing




A friend from church gave me these clothes and I can't tell you how much I'm blessed to have them. You see, with five boys we go through boy clothes rather quickly. I try to pass stuff down from one child to the next, but many times it's wore out before the next child gets to use them.

Most of the time I shop at thrift stores, but do you know how hard it is to find little boys clothing in a thrift shop? I do buy retail when I can get a great discount, but I do not usually pay full price.

I do want to start going to yard sales now that the weather is nice. You can get some really great clothes from 50 cents to $1 an item. I'll keep you posted on my yard sale experiences.

I once knew a mother with five children who would give her child's clothes away as soon as they outgrew them in order to keep from having so much to store. I asked her once why she did that knowing that in a year or two her next child would need them. She told me that she found that as she gave the clothes away to someone who needed them, she always found that God blessed her with clothes for her children when they needed them. Kind of the way tithing works, you can't out give God, He'll always bless you even more. This is something that I am learning to do.

At this economical time, couldn't we all use a little help? I'm sure glad my friend decided to bless me. I'll be sure to pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment