Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Play Time

Now that the weather is nice and it's great to get outside and play, I send the kids out as much as possible. There are a number of reasons why going outside is so good for you. It keeps you from staying inside and watching TV or playing video games, it gives you the fresh air and exercise you need and helps your body produce vitamin D. But what I want to encourage you in, as parents, is to get out with your children. My children LOVE when I make the time to go outside and play games. We play Mr. Wolf, Little Chicks, Freeze Tag, Red Rover and other such yard games. They get so excited when they see me come out and join them and it ups the excitement of the game to have me there.

Our children want to spend time with us and they love spending fun time with us. It helps build relationships and the laughter and memories that come from that time are irreplaceable.

So, let the house go for an hour or so, the laundry isn't going anywhere. Besides if you do all your housework first you might lose the opportunity to go out and play. You could make a deal with your children and tell them that if they will help you with laundry or dishes, etc. later then you can go out and play with them. I tend to be the person that wants to get everything done first, then play, so I have to remind myself sometimes to just go out and play. My children are usually willing to help if it means I can go out and play with them. If you still don't want to wait on the chores then have the kids help you before you go out, then you can relax and not worry about what's left inside to accomplish before the day is over.

So go out and play, you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment