Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Precious Request


Every year for my children's birthday I usually make them a cake. They get to choose if they want an ice cream cake, cheese cake or regular cake and what design they may want on it. Well, Sunday, my three year old came up to me and told me he wanted me on his cake. It took me a while to understand what he was talking about because he caught me off guard. His birthday isn't even until July. But with his adorable blue eyes he came right up to me and stated that he wanted a birthday cake with me on it. What an honor to get such a request. Most kids want their favorite super-hero or TV character, but my son wants me :) My heart was so blessed and of course I gave him a big hug, it was precious, a moment I hope I never forget.

Now, I don't know if it will happen, not exactly sure how I would do it, except to get a picture of us on a cake from the store. It would be quite weird and a little embarrassing for me to actually have me on his cake. I guess we'll just wait and see.

What did your child say to you that just blessed your heart that you have never forgotten?

No comments:

Post a Comment