Monday, April 19, 2010

His Favorite Book

Matthew's favorite book has always been the Bible. Even when he was real little if he could get a hold of one he would spend a long time sitting quietly looking through it. I couldn't help but to take a picture of him the other day when he fell asleep after spending such a long time looking through his sister's Bible. I only wish I would have gotten a picture of him earlier while he was awake looking through it.

I try to encourage my children to read the word and learn to find principles for living in it. I want them to realize that it is truly the best rule book for life that they will ever find and that it has all the answers in it. I encourage them to look up verses that pertain to things we are learning. I want them to use it as their guidebook and for it to be the first resource they go to find answers.

Do you encourage your children to get into the word or do you just assume that they are learning to do that at church? Remember that it is our responsibility to teach and encourage them at home. What they see and learn at home is more likely what they will do later on their own.

I hope and pray that my children will come to love the Word and and apply it to their lives on a daily basis. What do you do to encourage your children to read the Bible?

No comments:

Post a Comment