Monday, April 26, 2010

Garden Planted!




This weekend we were able to get our garden planted. I was so excited because the weather forecast was rain. When I woke up Saturday morning I noticed that the rain had subsided for a while. I fixed breakfast for everyone then headed off to the store for the plants and seeds. Once I got home we gathered our supplies and headed up the hill to the garden. There we planted corn, pumpkins, watermelon, cantaloupe, yellow squash, zucchini squash, salad cucumbers as well as pickling cucumbers, green beans, green pepper plants and tomato plants.

I was praying that we would get everything done before the rain since I would have to drag a lot of water up that big hill to our garden. Fortunately, we did and we made it inside just before the rain started coming down.

The kids were a big help. I never would have gotten it done before the rain had it not been for their help. Now we are all excited about when we can harvest our crops.

How about you? Have you planted a garden this year and if so what did you plant?

No comments:

Post a Comment