Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fun School Days

Yesterday I decided to do something fun and educational for the kids, so we went on a picnic. We studied bugs and I had the kids each make an egg carton caterpillar (yes, even my older kids, it was for fun). It was a perfect day for a picnic in the shade of a tree and I love getting the kids out in nature when we study it. I think field trips are where you seem to learn (and remember) the most. Hands on is always a good way to learn things. We saw all types of bugs and I took jars for catching them in. There were also a lot of butterflies flying around everywhere. A fun day was had by all.

I thought I would share a few pics of our day.
Josiah, Kaitlyn and Christiana

Christiana, Micah and Matthew

Jonathan and Joshua

Me

Reading to the kids about bugs

Matthew working on his caterpillar

The kids took their gloves and threw ball for a while

Matthew was more interested in watching
the ants on the tree.

Finished projects
(I can't help but laugh when I look at them)

No comments:

Post a Comment