Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday's Tip - Sock Basket

Today's tip is - Don't ever start a sock basket. What is a sock basket you ask. A sock basket is where you throw all the socks when they come out of the dryer and then match them later. The problem with a sock basket is that it seems to multiply.

I heard about someone who had one years ago and thought "what a good idea," that way you could match them later, because they don't always come out of the dryer at the same time matching (I didn't note that at the time I heard about it the person was complaining that hers was overflowing and had many unmatched socks in it). I started one with the best intentions of just placing the socks in the basket and then getting to it right away, or having the kids get to it. That didn't happen. And as you can see from the picture below, I now have a large basket full of socks that need to be sorted and dispersed.

So my advice or tip for today would be, Don't start a sock basket. If you have a better way of washing and sorting socks, I'm all ears. I'll be glad to take any suggestions you may have. Thanks and have a blessed day.
Sock basket waiting to be emptied.

No comments:

Post a Comment